Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Blasted Desk

Today we had a wee bit of a scare this morning. My son, bless his heart, is a super wobbly man. The past few days have been very wobbly. This morning our little man decided to test the sharp edges of our desk. See below

Notice the sharp corners? Well, he fell backwards and hit his head. Then as he was trying to make it to Mommy, he fall back again against the chair this time. That really ticked him off. At first I was like, okay just a bump. He's just screamin' because he's mad. Then he got to Mommy. There was blood on his head. I know head wounds tend to bleed a lot. So, I grab a towel and do the mommy thing. It dawns on my which side the ouchie is on. Shunt side. That always throws a curve ball into the mix. The cut was less than 2 cms from his shunt line. Instantly panic mode kicks in. I call work and say I may be late telling them why. We take him to Insta Care. Nope. Doctor won't even look at it. Sends us up to Primary Children's. Josh dropped me off at work. He's more than capable of takin' care of the boy :) They get there and the boy instantly has all the nurses wrapped around his little finger. :) He's such a flirt. I'm in so much trouble when he gets older. LOL Josh said they got the best ER doctor EVER. He made a real connection with Bugga. He actually let him check him out :) He said that everything looked fine. They did an xray to check placement. All is well. 

Now, the desk is another story. I may have a new project this weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment