Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Back to School Back to School

Today Super Nevets made his way back to school. It's year 2 of his Functional Skills Preschool Class. He was super excited to be back! There are a lot of changes this year. His teacher from last year, Mrs H., accepted a position for a different district. I was heartbroken when I found out. Her and her Aides really helped Nevets blossom last year. The progress he made was astonishing. He LOVED his teacher and all the aides. But, I do have to admit. This position is much better for her right now. I talk to her quite a bit and my heart goes out to her. She is missing all her students like crazy. Those little ones in his class sure do grab a hold of your heart. Luckily, even though the teacher is new, all of the Aides are returning. He also changed classrooms. Everything was done kind of last minute, so there is a lot of work to be done :) 

We got up this morning and I asked him if he was ready to go to school today. You would've thought he had just won the lottery! He ate his breakfast in almost record time. We were ready to go over 25 minutes early. I was shocked. Normally, this little boy drags his feet the whole way. Any time we said anything about school, he was like "Mom we go to school now." We get to the car and I asked him if he was ready. He said "Go Go! School Mom!" So off we went. We turned the corner and his school came into site. I swear he squealed! He kept saying "Mom, school!" We got him out of the car. He didn't want to hold any one's hand. He just wanted to go go go. I was really proud of him, though. While he was super excited and wanted to hurry, he noticed that he was going pretty fast down the hill and slowed down. Normally he would've just kept going and tumbled. He did very well :) We get inside and still, no hands. He's a big boy now, apparently *sniff sniff* We get to his classroom  and he hands me his backpack and we start to go hang it up. The Aides see him. The first one, Miss Lindsey in the picture below, called his name and he stopped dead in his tracks. He practically ran into her arms. He was lit up like a Christmas Tree. The others noticed him too and I swear, it reminded Josh and I of when Norm would walk into the bar on Cheers. Mommy and Daddy no longer existed. :) We left and started to run a few errands. We got done and Josh asked if we could go get Stevey now. It had been like 15-20 minutes. I asked why. He said he missed him already. All summer, those two have been partners in crime in the mornings while Mommy went to work. I think that Daddy might be lonely for a while. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment